IL VINO DEI POETI ROSÉ: A PERFECT MOTHER’S DAY PRESENT AND A GIFT FOR ALL WOMEN - MAY 2013
Bottega and Duty Free and Travel Retail operators raised 10.000 € to help Breast Health International
Bottega and Duty Free and Travel Retail operators were able to raise 10.000 €, throughout 2012, on the sales of Il Vino dei Poeti Rosè. This amount was donated to the Breast Health International to finance special programs to fight against breast cancer.
On February 19th, at the Hotel Manzoni in Milan, a giant check was handed over by Sandro Bottega to the President of BHI Susan Schwartz, during an informal ceremony.
Always a great supporter of good causes, in 2007 Distilleria Bottega, helped by duty free operators, studied a special marketing plan which consisted in devolving to the Breast Health Institute 1 € from each bottle of Il Vino dei Poeti Rosè sold in Duty Free shops. Customers are informed of this initiative by a leaflet applied on the neck of each bottle.
- Bottega collection counts on a rosé sparkling wine that was an immediate success with customers thanks to its fresh taste. Il Vino dei Poeti Rosè is an innovative cuvee made from Pinot Nero and Raboso grapes picked by hand and placed in small baskets, then pressed within two to three hours of harvesting. The pressing is extremely soft to produce a limited amount of must that exalts the aroma and flavour of the grapes. The intense rose-coloured wine is enriched by a rich and persistent froth. Delicate, fresh and vivacious, it is characterised by a fragrance of Golden variety apples and soft forest fruits (raspberries and blackcurrants). The light, spicy aroma grows into a marked character. This sparkling wine is excellent as an aperitif, but also with hors d'oeuvres, light first courses and fish dishes.
- Founded in 1990 and chaired by Susan Schwartz the Breast Health International is an international not-for-profit foundation that serves as a catalyst to advance breast cancer research and treatment, working with the greatest minds throughout the world to find the cure and to eradicate breast cancer. Its mission is to give all people affected by breast cancer the tools necessary to have the best quality of life, regardless of background or financial circumstances. The aim is to reduce the suffering caused by breast cancer worldwide and ensure that no one touched by breast cancer walks alone.
Contacts: Giovanni Savio - Distilleria Bottega srl – Tel. +39 0438-406801Print this press release
VINITALY: BOTTEGA CELEBRATES THE 200th ANNIVERSARY OF VERDI AND WAGNER - APRIL 2013
In the presence of the great baritone Renato Bruson, two blown glass bottles will be presented in memory of these great composers.
2013 is the year of the 200th anniversary of the birth of Giuseppe Verdi and Richard Wagner, two of the greatest composers of all time, who helped to make opera the noble art par excellence. During the year, several theatres, in Italy, in Germany and all over the world, organized special schedules to celebrate the genius of these two artists.
Bottega, invited at its booth in Vinitaly, the great baritone Renato Bruson in order to pay tribute to the lyric culture during the most important Italian exhibition dedicated to wine and spirits. The company from Treviso, through its grappa and its precious bottles, tried to interpret the personality of two great men, by dedicating to them a high alcohol content posthumous homage.
Giuseppe Verdi, full-blooded, thrifty, close to the land and to rural traditions, is ideally represented by a selection of Amarone Grappa, result of the distillation of red grape pomace, previously dried on racks.
Richard Wagner, icy, difficult, cosmopolitan and bon vivant, might have appreciated a delicate Riesling Grappa that originates from perfumed white grapes, characterized by elegant and fruity scents. The German composer was very close to Italy and especially to Venice, where he died in 1883. Venice is where he spent the last two years of his life as a guest of Palazzo Ca' Vendramin Calergi.
The bottles are unique pieces, especially created by Soffieria Alexander to contain those two nectars in memoriam. Verdi's tribute took the form of a 3-liter blown glass bottle that contains a reproduction of the famous black top hat, favourite hat of the master of Busseto. The bottle dedicated to Wagner contains instead a blown glass golden ring, to evoke The Ring of the Nibelungs (Der Ring des Nibelungen), the opera that perhaps best represents the universe of Wagner.
Renato Bruson will enhance the importance of this presentation, thus reinforcing the already strong ties between the world of wine and opera.
The anniversary of these two composers, one Italian and one German, falls in a particular year in which the bilateral relations between Italy and Germany are marked by some misunderstandings. The urgent need for Italy to invest, in order for its growth to recover soon, collides with the dogma of German austerity at all costs. It is not easy to reach a compromise for these two countries that, despite the historical antagonism in football and the recent economic tensions experienced, have been closely interconnected over the last 60 years and have been the two pillars of a United Europe.
The joint celebration in the form of wine and grappa, aims to be a positive sign in order to return to full harmony and understanding between two countries that very often have similar needs.
Contacts: Giovanni Savio – Bottega S.p.A. – Tel. 0438-406801
PROWEIN IN DÜSSELDORF: BOTTEGA PRESENTS WINE AND GRAPPA FROM BOLGHERI - MARCH 2013
Bottega group attends Prowein in Düsseldorf (Germany). This exhibition, dedicated to wines and spirits, grow up during the last years, becoming the most important one for Northern and Eastern Europe.
On March 26th (the last day of the exhibition) the Italian Company, linked to his double nature of winery and distillery, presents at its stand a wine and a grappa of the Bolgheri area.
Bolgheri is a village in the municipality of Castagneto Carducci that is at the heart of Maremma, on the foothills of the Colline Metallifere (Metalliferous Hills). The place is famous for its red wines. Due to the particular characteristics of the soil and to the sunny, dry and moderately ventilated microclimate, in addition to Sangiovese, also international vineyards, as Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Syrah, are well adapted to the area. These grapes provide excellent quality for the different type of wine, between them the famous Supertuscan (Sassicaia, Ornellaia, etc…).
At Bottega stand the company will offer to the visitors a tasting of the two products: a red wine and a aged grappa.
- Il Vino dei Poeti Bolgheri Rosso Doc. This intense ruby red wine with garnet tinges comes from a selection of Cabernet, Syrah and Sangiovese grapes. Winy, balanced, saline, structured, it is characterized by small red fruits, plum and balsamic notes, with hints of minerals and spices. The grapes originate from vineyards facing north-south, located at 200-400 meters above sea level. The soils are sandy, clay, with high skeleton, alkali-rich metals. The grapes are hand picked and pressed with elimination of stalks. The vinification process involves a 20-day maceration period. The polyphenols extraction takes place thanks to daily pump-overs. The wine obtained is then left to rest and in this phase, malolactic fermentation occurs spontaneously. The wine is then aged in oak casks for 24 months (18 in French oak barriques of 2,25-10 hl) and refined in bottle for a minimum period of 2 months.
- Alexander Exquisite is the first aged grappa of the Alexander brand, obtained from a rare selection of marcs coming from the zone Bolgheri. The marcs are distilled in copper alembics, where they meet a steam stream that extracts the hydroalcoholic solution and aromas. The product obtained is therefore refrigerated at a temperature of -10° C and then filtered on natural materials, in order to separate the unwanted components that are still present. The grappa obtained is mellowed in smoked barrels. Alexander Exquisite is an amber distillate with a noble and complex fragrance, enriched by clear hints of oak. The taste is full, round, lightly smooth with clear scents of vanilla and hints of tobacco and spices.
Contacts: Giovanni Savio – Bottega S.p.A. – Tel. 0438 406801
Print this press release
DISTILLERIA BOTTEGA BECOMES BOTTEGA SPA - MARCH 2013
Starting from March 20th 2013 Distilleria Bottega changes its company name and becomes Bottega S.p.A., with an increase in share capital from € 1,404,000 to € 5,000,000. The passage from Limited Liability Company (Srl) to Incorporated Company is not a random choice, but responds, legally and officially to the increased size of the structure and volume of business.
The company fully maintains its family identity and shareholdings are exclusively owned by Barbara, Sandro and Stefano Bottega.
In 2012, sales reached € 37 million. In recent years, the company has greatly diversified its business by consolidating the two aspects of winery and distillery. Wine and grappa are Bottega’s core business, concrete result of the company's philosophy to offer consumers the highest quality. Grappa based creams and liquors are also an important sector of the company's turnover. The company’s product range is completed by the gourmet line: extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, coffee and packaged cakes.
The change of name from "Distilleria Bottega" to "Bottega", therefore responds to this composite identity that can be summarized in the payoff “Vignaioli, Mastri Distillatori e Artigiani della Bontà” (Italian Vintners, Master Distillers and Artisans of Genuineness).Print this press release
AMARONE BOTTEGA IL VINO PRET-A-PORTER: 90 POINTS RATING ON WINE ENTHUSIAST - MARCH 2013
Wine Enthusiast, the prestigious American magazine dedicated to the world of wine, published, on the issue of November 2012, the ratings of the last tasting. Among the recommended wines, also our Amarone Bottega Il Vino Prêt-à-Porter, vintage 2006, that achieved a flattering score of 90/100. This Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOC vintage 2006 achieved a full appreciation by the editors.
This is the comment that accompanied the judgment: “With the faux leather label and over-the-top carrying case, this Amarone emphasizes its packaging. The wine inside is very appealing, showing bright fruit and cherry notes that are enhanced by sweet tobacco and spice accents. The finish is long and silky.”
All scores between 90/100 and 93/100 are considered by the American magazine as an “excellent category for Wine Enthusiast which is highly recommended by the magazine.”
Amarone Bottega Il Vino Pret-a-Porter is the concrete result of Distilleria Bottega’s experience and efforts. The selected harvest, drying on trellises and ageing in small oak barrels make it a meditation wine and also a perfect choice to match to great cheeses and meats. Serve at a temperature of 18/20° C.
This important red wine is one of the jewels of the line Cantina dei Poeti Bottega. This brand includes sparkling wines Il Vino dei Poeti (Prosecco Doc, Conegliano Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore Docg, Rosè Pinot Nero and Raboso, Cuvée Chardonnay and Sauvignon), the “glamourous” wines Bottega Gold and Bottega Diamond. To complete the offer the wines Petalo Moscato Il Vino dell’Amore, Acino d’Oro Chianti Classico, Ripasso, Recioto and Brunello di Montalcino.
- Amarone Prêt-à-Porter. Amarone is without a doubt one of the finest wines from the Northeastern part of Italy and along with Barolo and Brunello di Montalcino, represents the highest expression of Italian oenology. Widely appreciated even outside national borders, Amarone has become a symbol of “savoir vivre”. Combining the worlds of wine and fashion, the American stylist Denise Focil, creator of the collection Alpinestars by Denise Focil, designed for Distilleria Bottega a fashion bottle of huge and immediate impact. The union between glass and leather originated an object which has an unconventional and elegant charm. The traditional bottle has been enhanced with a label imprinted on a white leather rectangle, framed by a sequence of metal studs. The stylist created a bottle-sized case: it is in leather as well and it has a strap meant for carrying with class and femininity its rare content. Hence the appellation “Il Vino Pret-a-Porter” (Pret-a-Porter Wine), which peeps at the world of fashion and brings out a completely original presentation.
Print this press release
Contacts: Giovanni Savio – Distilleria Bottega srl – Tel. 0438 406801
BOTTEGA ROSE GOLD: THE NEW PRESTIGIOUS SPARKLING WINE BY BOTTEGA - FEBRUARY 2013
Iaadfs, Orlando, April 7-11, stand Bottega number 309
Bottega Rose Gold is the new sparkling wine that completes the glamorous Bottega wine collection. It follows the worldwide success of Bottega Gold.
The packaging of the bottle is characterized by the charming pink colour and evokes rose gold, the romantic nuance of the metal’s king.
Bottega Rose Gold is a Pinot Noir sparkling wine, produced with a selection of grapes harvested in Oltrepò Pavese. This area, located in Lombardia region (Northern Italy), is largely appreciated by the winemakers. The vineyards cover mostly on the hills (100-300 meters above sea level), where the soils are characterized by marine sedimentary with fine clays.
The grapes are hand picked and vinified at a controlled temperature. The skins stay in contact with the must for 24 hours. Must and skins are then separated with a soft pressing. Fermentation occurs at a controlled temperature of 18° C. During the year which follows the harvest, the obtained wine goes through the sparkling process. Second fermentation in steel containers occurs according to the Italian Charmat method at a controlled temperature of 14° C and lasts 60-90 days.
The peach-coloured wine appears brilliant with a fine and lasting perlage. The bouquet is distinctly flowery with scent of mixed berries, mainly currants and wild strawberries. The taste is fresh, with a good acidity, harmonious, delicate and persistent.
Bottega Rose Gold is a wine to accompany any meal. It goes particularly well with vegetable oil dip, vegetarian dishes, sushi, fish and cheese. It is also a pleasant after-dinner.
Bottega Rose Gold will be distributed in duty free, travel retail and in the best wine shops. The retail price of the 75 cl bottle is about 25 euro.
Contacts: Giovanni Savio – Distilleria Bottega – Tel 0438-406801 – email@example.comPrint this press release